Our client in Tukwila, WA is looking for a .NET developer for a 4 month contract..
What we do:
· We are a team of four software developers who build and maintain roughly 20 in-house business applications, the vast majority being Windows applications with a MS SQL database behind them.
· We are responsible for the entire application, including all the SQL development (table design, stored procedures).
· We are a VB shop, and have been working on converting our VB6 applications to .Net.
· We are vastly busy, being that all our VB6 applications have been developed and continuously built upon over the past 15+ years. Now they all need to be rewritten to .Net at the same time as the new business projects keep rolling in.
What the developer would do:
· Work on rewriting existing VB6 applications to .Net.
· Support production issues in AIS Mgmt (monitors and controls EDI transactions between CM and partners/customers). Less than 50% of total time.
· Make modifications to existing VB6 and .Net applications when required by a new or changing business rule.
· Assist in troubleshooting as other software and data issues arise.
· Real work, not making copies or fetching coffee.
What we’re offering:
· A 3 – 4 month contract beginning around the July 6, 2015. (
· Regular fulltime hours, 8-5 Monday – Friday, with a one hour lunch break. (Hours are flexible, but should be in that ballpark)
We’re looking for someone:
· With some .Net exposure (VB preferred, but it’s easy to move from C# to VB if necessary)
· With some SQL exposure / understanding of relational databases.
· Who is a good problem solver. (sometimes there are production issues that need to be tracked down an fixed)
· Who plays well with others as well as independently.
· Who is motivated and enthusiastic.
· With good communication skills.
· Who has a good attitude.
· Who has a good sense of humor.