Title: Automation Release Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Full-time Hire
CLIENT is an innovative developer and world-class publisher of a diverse portfolio of casual game franchises. We serve millions of players every day and are dedicated to providing players with the opportunity to play, connect, compete and discover anywhere and on any device. We are dedicated to enhancing life through exceptional play.
Automation is the Mission
The CLIENT CentralTech team is looking for an Automation Release Engineer to bring automation to our release pipeline. Our ultimate goal is to automate as much as possible from the moment a commit is made into a source repository to when a game is uploaded to an app store. This job will require an ability to research and evaluate existing technologies, as well as strong software engineering skills to implement a solution that will help us achieve our goals. You will be part of a small team, so the ability to work independently and efficiently, with a flexible approach to solving problems is a must.
- Own current and to be developed software and tooling used to automate the build, release and publishing of mobile games for iOS and Android
- Work with engineering teams and mobile client operations to architect, standardize, and automate build and release processes in cloud projects, with a focus on CI/CD
- Evaluate and research automation solutions, including existing internal frameworks
- Help maintain legacy build and release pipelines with an eye toward migrating/deprecating services as necessary.
- Enhance CLIENT documentation around build and release processes
- Architect level software engineering experience
- A growth mindset and willingness to learn new skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Flexible in what you do and a willingness to try new things
- Detail-oriented, motivated, results driven, and a self-starter who can work without supervision
- Experience with CI/CD systems like Jenkins, GitHub Actions etc
- Experience with containerization environments
- Experience with “Infrastructure As Code”
- Experience with modern source control
- Experience with cloud platforms
- Experience with scripting/coding, Python/Ruby/Java preferred
- Strong Architecture and Design skills
- A team player who is able to accept feedback and gather requirements from multiple sources
- Familiarity with artifact storage/management systems such as Nexus Sonatype or JFrog
- Familiarity with networking concepts, especially in cloud environments.
- Experience working in an Agile methodology project environment.
- Experience designing and building test automation tools/systems using open source test automation tools
- Experience with mobile app automation tools such as Appium and Headspin
- Experience working on a development team that practices Agile/scrum methodologies