|Description:||The Principal Engineering Architect is responsible for developing and deploying operational tools to support the IT department around Microsoft’s System Center suite of tools.
The Principal Engineering Architect will provide technical guidance and leadership for the Microsoft System Center platform and the services that this platform supports. This will involve balancing needs and requirements across the department related to operational toolsets and developing plans that meet these various needs. This may be achieved by updating or extending existing capabilities or with enhancements to fill identified gaps.
The Principal Engineering Architect and dedicated engineers provide important input and direction to the Service Owner on how to maintain, operate, and improve service delivery. Will develop and maintain a technical roadmap that accounts for business process needs and technical trends and product developments.
The Principal Engineering Architect works closely with the Service Owner to track progress against the technical roadmap, managing and prioritizing a product backlog that facilitates project deliveries and sustained engineering work. Further, the Principal Engineering Architect will be closely involved with project delivery, working with a project manager and System Engineers. The Principal Engineering Architect works to author/edit internal operational documentation for the System Center platform, provide relevant training for the team on the System Center platform, and serve as a top-level escalation point when SME-level knowledge is required within the Incident/Problem Management framework.
|Requirements:||Key responsibilities include:
• Definition of the technical architecture for the System Center platform that meets current Definition of the long term technical roadmap for the IT Management program
• Definition and publishing of engineering best practices for platform
• Training and coaching of junior resources
• Contributor for scope definition, alignment to strategic plans, rough estimates and staffing plans from architecture to delivery within IT Management.
• Collaborate between service lines for overall management of department delivery timelines and when required, assistance with IT Management deliveries.
• Assist with prioritization and management of sustained engineering activities.
• Service Delivery Resource Management desired
• Provides coaching, career guidance
Qualifications Skills/ Knowledge/ Experience Required :
Years of Experience
• 7-15 years of IT industry experience required, including enterprise IT organizations.
• 3+ years of management experience Education
• Undergraduate degree required, IS-related field preferred
• Graduate degree in business preferred
• 5+ years of deep technical expertise with at Microsoft System Center toolset and mastery of multiple tools (SCOM, SCSM, SCCM, SCVMM).
• Strong knowledge of the features/functionality of the Windows Server 2003 - 2012/2012R2 operating system platform.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to understand high level technical details and translate them into business terms. Required Certifications
• MCSE Required
• Multiple Microsoft certifications preferred