Title: Java Application Developer
Location: Seattle Area
Type: Contract to Hire
We are looking for highly motivated, experienced Java Application Developers. Here are the Must haves and Job Description.
· Experience in core Java
· Experience with web services, specifically REST
· Experience with NoSQL such as MongoDB or CouchBase or CouchDB
· Experience with Apigee or similar API Platform
· Experience with continuous integration practices
· Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture with appropriate levels of abstraction within various architectural layers.
· Implements data integration and data access solutions across various legacy, enterprise, and departmental applications via web services, XML, SOA, WSDL, REST, Messaging services.
· Designs and implements high performance, scalable enterprise information architecture and distributed applications design.
· Participates in code reviews and provides suggestions to improve quality and comply with architectural, design and coding standards and best practices.
· Create and maintain web application architectural documentation and standards.
· Facilitates knowledge transfer to development and support team members.
· Maintain effective relationships with user department personnel.
· Provides technical support and troubleshoots applications issues and bugs.
· BS or BA degree in information systems, computer science, business administration or related work experience.
· 5+ years of commercial or enterprise large scale web application and implementation, specifically Java J2EE, JSP.
· 3+ years development and implementation of Web Services and/or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
· 3+ years experience with messaging service specifically ActiveMQ (AMQ)
· 3+ years working experience with RESTApi like Jersey
· 2+ experience with API development platforms, Apigee preferred.
· Working experience and expertise with Spring (Spring Boot, Spring Security) and Hibernate, JPA
· Experience with integrated testing /test driven development processes using Junit, TestNG, Mockito
· Knowledge of alternative data management technologies like memCached, MongoDB , Couchbase, Redis, Infinispans
· Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle) and database design
· Experience in development tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ, Maven, Jenkins) and applications platforms
· Experience with Continuous Integration practices
· Excellent documentation and knowledge transfer skills
· Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
· Prior experience in leading/mentoring execution focused development teams
· Ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities
· 3+ years of large scale distributed web application development in a team environment
· Working experience with higher level object oriented programming languages such as C++, C#, Java
· Working experience with multiple operating systems (Unix/Linux) and scripting languages
· Experience with the development methodologies (Agile SCRUM)
· Working knowledge of multiple Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and industry standard development methodologies.