Title: Senior Web Application Architect
Location: Seattle, WA - Remote
Type: Full Time Hire
is searching for an experienced Senior Web Application Architect
to work within an agile team of software developers to implement and maintain secure, scalable, cloud-based software solutions, build customer integration solutions, and streamline the team’s software delivery tools and processes. Technical aptitude is a must, and so is the right team-minded attitude and the ability to work interchangeably with others. Applicants should be qualified as top-notch full-stack developers, with a passion for focusing on backend service-oriented architectures, scalable system design, databases and data models, and API-driven models.
Experience and Qualifications
- Live and breathe a DevOps culture on a small team of Senior SDEs and SREs that work hand-in-hand with you to deliver modern, scalable, SaaS software across multiple cloud providers.
- Work daily alongside product leadership to define architecture, goals and deliverables from software development. This also includes working alongside product leadership to prioritize JIRA backlog and upcoming sprints for development.
- Architect and lead implementation the company’s flagship SaaS platform using a scalable microservice approach with technologies such as Node.js, Express, GraphQL, Python, Django, C#, and .NET Core.
- Help implement the company’s user-facing web apps using modern MVC, MVVM, and SPA framework - React.js.
- Follow software development best practices to create maintainable and extensible software solutions.
- Work with modern CI/CD tool and methodologies to ship product on a daily basis.
- Work in an agile manner with transparency and fluid communication within the engineering team and across other teams in the company.
- Work with product owner to understand internal and external requirements and help the team design solutions to satisfy these.
- Work with Senior SREs to contribute to the overall platform stability, availability, and quality.
- Enable SREs to have visibility and responsibility into the function of the code they are operating.
- Interact directly with SREs and customers to triage, debug, and remediate production issues.
- Education: Formal higher-education degrees in STEM fields or vocational certificates related to software development are preferred, but not required. Real-world experience and proven track records count as much, if not more.
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting software in modern SaaS, cloud, web, and mobile environments.
- 7+ years of professional programming experience with languages and frameworks such as React, Angular, TypeScript, Node, Express, Ruby, Rails, Python, Django, C#, .NET.
- Familiar with cloud and Linux sysadmin experience – IaaS, PaaS, and container/orchestration experience is important.
- Proven track record of success in high-functioning continuous delivery environment.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes (or similar container/orchestration).
- Expertise with a variety of relational and NoSQL databases. MSSQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, CouchDB, DocumentDB, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis preferred.
- Solid understanding of modern API design patterns (REST, GraphQL, JSON, etc.)
- Understanding of source control systems (git, hg, etc.) and related workflow patterns (e.g. GitFlow)
- Familiarity with Big Data systems such as Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Spark, Kafka, etc. is a plus.
- Understanding of privacy-by-design frameworks, and code-level security techniques is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills is required.
Apply for this job
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- A work/life balance beyond compare. And we mean it!