A successful Project Manager will be able to create the structure and approach that will facilitate the collection, clear communication, and ultimate delivery of project goals and objectives.
Projects that this level of PM will work on have scopes that are relatively well defined. Project complexity is typically simple to medium involving short durations, 1-3 technical teams and a customer that is relatively easy to work with.
Job Functions In Addition to mastery of Project Analyst duties:
- Translate contents of a Client Statement of Work, Letter of Intent or other Work Order into deliverables and milestones
- Ensure that project Requirements are documented and agreed upon
- Establish a project plan from scratch that will achieve the project deliverables and milestones
- Maintain the detailed project schedule over project duration
- Manage IT projects, project segments, and resources schedules
- Make work assignments and monitor progress against them.
- Define goals, outline approach, and make adjustments to achieve desired delivery
- Track project changes, produce updates, and report to customer based on agreed schedule
- Provide leadership / direction for the project team including resource assignments for both Denali and Client.
- Understand at any time –at the Project Level:
- Spend to date
- Forecasted Spend
- Assessment of budget burn rate relative to total Project budget, scope and due dates.
- Proactively manage escalations
- Ensure billing is correct prior to invoicing
- Create Project controls such as action item lists, risk logs, issues logs, change control, decision logs
- Act as point person for Project level communications that will keep sponsors, stakeholders, business partners, and team leads informed on matters including, progress to plan; key milestones; integration efforts/needs across the program and/or project; risks, issues etc.
In addition to Project Analyst Qualifications:
- Clear understanding of the interrelationship that scope, quality, budget, resources and time have with each other.
- Ability to manage “meeting drift”
- Capable of garnering consensus in challenging circumstances.
- On-the-Job experience using a PMLC for delivery
- Instill confidence of delivery to Clients
- An expert in project team management including dynamics of virtual teams, matrix reporting relationships and cross-functional resource identification and allocation
- Working knowledge of IT Methodologies including:
- Six Sigma
- 3-5 Years’ experience as a Project Manager or Project Analyst
- Bachelors Degree
- Certifications :
- ITIL Foundation
- Six Sigma Green Belt