TITLE: Accounts Payable Supervisor
LOCATION: Seattle, WA (Tukwila)
DEPT:- Finance & Acctng
DURATION: Full time
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: Accounts Payable Superviso
REPORTS TO: Corporate Accounting Manager
: Supervise Accounts Payable, coordinates workflow for the Accounts Payable Department, reviews invoices submitted for payment to assure compliance with policies and procedures.RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Supervises A/P employees.
- Prioritizes department workflow and coordinate week-end and month-end closing.
- Interfaces with other departments as needed in a professional manner.
- Evaluates existing policies and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement within Management guidelines.
- Provides information to users (internal and external) in a cooperative, helpful, diplomatic and professional manner.
- Reviews and ensures integrity and accuracy of invoices processed and supporting documentation before input into A/P system.
- Posts to general ledger and performs monthly closing procedures for A/P.
- Prepares journal entry for accruals and re-classes expenses at month end.
- Provides back up in department as needed.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
:Leadership and Management
- Creates a vision for the future and leads planning and implementation to get there
- Creates an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork and collaboration, both internally and externally
- Whole problem solver, implements solutions to solve root cause problems. Strong analytically
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Strong written, oral, and facilitation skills
- Excellent listener. Empathetic to individuals concerns and directs necessary follow-up actions
- Conveys information in understandable terms at all levels of the organization
- Tactful communication in resolving issues/discrepancies
Coaching, Motivating, and Mentoring
- Strong technical skills in accounts payable and systems integration
- Strong competence of A/P integrated systems with ability to share learning with team
- Excellent project management skills
- 10-key by touch; typing
- Strong skills with MS Excel and MS Word.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Personal and Social Competence
- Sets expectations, tracks results, and manages accountability
- Effective developer of people. A teacher, coach, mentor, and role model
- Is confident to give people space to learn and make mistakes
- High integrity and honesty, promoting trust in all actions
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Creative and change-oriented
- High energy. Assertive, energetic, and a self-starter
- Sense of humor
- Ability to travel as business needs require
- High school and/or equivalent; an Associates degree in business, accounting or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years progressive accounts payable experience.
- 3 years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping concepts and practices.