Title: Data Scientist
Location: Chicago, Ill
Type: Permanent Hire
The Bio data science department is in need of junior data scientists that can develop software in Python. We are building data models and data science tools that must be integrated into a broader enterprise software environment. Qualified candidates will handle both general software development practices and the more advanced math/statistics of our data science needs are preferred.
Required Job Qualifications:
· Minimum 3 years with Python.
· Solid Database experience; SQL and NoSQL. Graph Database a plus.
· Experience in one or more of building are Artificial neural networks, matrix completion-based recommendation engines, relational (SQL) databases, graph databases and network science, natural language processing, and any combination thereof.
· Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
· Development of RESTful APIs.
· Distributed computing (Spark or similar).
· Data visualization.
· Understanding of the healthcare industry.
· Azure, Google, AWS or other cloud-platform experience.
· SDLC Tools & Processes: JIRA, Docker, Git-flow, Puppet, or similar.
Education Requirements: One of the following
· Masters in Computer science
· Masters in Statistics
· Ph.D. in Physics
· Ph.D. in Math