Title: Sr. Business Analyst
Location: Vancouver, BC
As a Senior Business Analyst,
you will be working as part of the eCommerce and Digital Marketing group here at "Client" Digital. You’ll be leading business requirements gathering and documentation (user stories and epics) as required for each of the 3 global regions working closely with a range of peers. You will go beyond typical requirements analysis as you dive into both current state and envision and define new business architect, building potential business cases and models as we build our new solutions and products and ultimately a new business group within "Client".
What You'll Do:
- Lead the gathering and documenting the detailed business requirements (user stories and epics) from a broad community of stakeholders
- You will interact with customers, analyze business requirements, driving needs and gap analysis by asking challenging yet thoughtful questions
- Identify the business objectives, strategies and needs while building high level business cases, and business briefs for new digital solutions and products or processes
- Process mapping and scoping, as well as designing business architecture
- Influencing strategic planning, and program and project level leadership
- Recommend solutions that will have a measurable impact on the profitability or effectiveness of the organization
- Presenting to and influencing senior and executive level management with balancing technical decisions and business strategy
- Mentor others and lead through influence and thought leadership
- Manage senior level stakeholders
- Ongoing interaction and collaboration with other teams within "Client" Digital and the 3 regions to acquire understanding and clarification of business processes and requirements
- Ongoing interaction with Technical Delivery Teams to acquire clarification of technical solutions of new and existing functionality
- Foster an open and collaborative environment
- Challenge the status quote by helping us see what has been unseen
Who You Are (Specific Knowledge & Skills):
- Undergraduate and post graduate education (BA in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science or Marketing) MBA would be beneficial
- 10+ years of experience in a similar capacity
- You are data driven and customer obsessed
- You love speaking with and listening to customers and internal teams
- You’re a pro at breaking down complex systems and problems and rethinking and designing them in thoughtful ways
- Understanding of multiple project methodologies not limited to PMP, Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, and Lean
- Knowledge of JIRA would helpful
- You’re an expert with Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Strong persuasion skills where you can captivate a room when delivering presentations.
- Comfortable balancing multiple projects and priorities in a highly dynamic, rapidly growing and evolving environment.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, balancing: velocity, quality against business needs.
- A great sense of humour – we work extremely hard, and have fun doing it!
- You’re an ambassador for "Client" Digital who loves sharing our vision internally or externally
- You hunger to learn and ability to flourish in a dynamic, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment