The Team Foundation Server System Administrator/SME works with guidance from the program and project teams to manage the architecture, deployment, and support of an enterprise level customize TFS 2010 environment.
They are responsible for maintaining a complex and highly customized 24/7 production Team Foundation Server 2010/2013 environment as well as driving the architecture and design for custom integration with other ASP.Net applications and platforms.
This person must be effective working in a collaborative team environment and using Agile/Scrum development methods. This Team Foundation Server subject matter expert will quickly grasp the business needs, technical vision, communicate them, and develop them into actionable plans.
• Project Management for consolidation, migrations, and upgrades of TFS
• Lead template customization and standardization efforts
• Administer changes or extensions to templates
• Administer TFS permissions using Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) and TFS
• Support TFS related technical and end user questions
• Plan and/or deliver TFS related training and materials
• Help automate and improve metrics and reporting
• Define schemas, create queries or routines to automate metrics and reporting
• Specify and create interfaces for information exchange with other information systems
• Specify hardware, system architecture, and infrastructure configuration to be manage and support business and technical requirements
• Coordinate with infrastructure, network, and application teams for support and other needs.
• Coordinate with Dev Ops for
• TFS Infrastructure including Hardware and OS level administration and configuration
• TFS System availability and performance
Required Qualifications and Experience
• 4-6 years expert experience deploying, managing, and supporting a Team Foundation Server in a 24x7 production environment and high availability sever topologies as a Team Foundation Server SME
• 3-4 years’ experience with TFS Security model and TFS security group roles, and implementing TFS security strategies and policies
• 3-4 years’ experience developing and customizing Work Item Template (WITS), TFS Global Lists, business rules/workflow, and customizing the TFS web and client interfaces.
• 2-3 years developing and implementing custom TFS web/server side and client controls
• Knowledge and experience using power shell scripting, server command line utilities, and WMI scripting and / or WMI .NET Namespace
• Experience developing tools and TFS add-ons using TFS .NET Namespaces (TFS API’s), and TFS integration tooling
• Experience developing and maintaining backup, restore, and customization of disaster recovery plans for SQL Server and TFS environment
• Experience with TFS Power Tools and server command line utilities
• Experience using and troubleshooting issues with Visual Studio / Team Explorer integration (web and client)
• Experience deploying and supporting TFS Source Control and Build Services, and providing team usage guidance
Team Foundation Server SysAdmin/SME
• Experience deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting SQL Reporting Services
• Experience creating custom reports from Team Foundation Server OLAP cube
• Experience moving or upgrading TFS projects and collections, and work item data migration between projects
• Experience using and integrating with TFS 2010 client object model
• Experience developing server topology diagrams and presentations
• Experience deploying and documenting complex hardware and software solutions Desired Qualifications and Experience
• Knowledge and experience working with an agile development approach such as Scrum
• Program / project management or team lead experience
• Experience with customer-facing Visual Studio and TFS support
• Software development experience with Visual Studio
• Experience developing tools in .NET TFS Namespaces with C# a huge plus
• MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional)