Title: AWS Architect
Location: Remote (USA)
Type: Permanent Hire
CLIENT’s engineering team is comprised of local and remote members collaborating closely on rapidly evolving products and internal solutions. We help our CLIENT teammates navigate the complexities of high-volume automotive shipping, provide our customers reliable and transparent services via web and mobile apps, and empower transporters with increased bookings and fast payment.
We are seeking an AWS cloud architect experienced with microservice-based web applications to help grow our development team. This role will aid in the expansion and optimization of our platform and be a regular voice in the technological direction of our products.
Who We’re Looking For
You’re ambitious and practical, energized by solving problems and have a solid sense for evaluating risks. Communication and effective expectation management are crucial in our environment as we emphasize a culture of agility, ownership and camaraderie.
What’s In It for You
CLIENT is a strongly backed, growth stage startup on an exciting trajectory with diverse and experienced leadership to draw upon. As a member of our team you’ll have regular exposure to top emerging technology and the opportunity to learn and create in a rapidly evolving space. Benefits include healthcare, 401k, stock options, companywide success bonus, paid vacation, remote work flexibility and competitive base compensation.
As part of CLIENT engineering, you’ll work in cross-disciplinary teams with a direct impact on customers through engaging and intuitive software solutions. You will give and receive mentorship and have hands-on access to enterprise-class tools.
Responsibilities and Expectations
– Hybrid-remote role
– Occasional visits required to Rockville, MD or Birmingham, AL for collaborative work including strategic and/or product design sessions
– Day-to-day elements of the role can be performed remote. We emphasize on site work primarily for situations of heavier collaboration
– Lead the design of our product’s microservices architecture, leveraging AWS
– Regularly evaluate new AWS capabilities and other emerging technologies for opportunities to innovate or accelerate our service offerings
– Lead research, experimentation and prototyping efforts with effective delegation for the growth of individual teammates and democratization of knowledge
– Mentor teammates on cloud architecture, security and devops concepts
– Help design and manage application instrumenting, security and governance
– Assist team troubleshooting efforts
– Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science related field, or equivalent work experience – 10+ years experience with a software product using AWS
– 5+ years experience at a senior or architect level
– Hands-on experience refactoring monolithic applications for microservices
– Proficiency with:
– C# and SQL
– Docker, Kubernetes
– Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery(CI/CD) tools and best practices
– Infrastructure as Code
– AWS serverless solutions
– Strong research, time management, communication, and organizational skills
– Patient, empathetic, and collaborative personality
Nice to Have
– Cloud security experience
– React, React Native
– Troubleshooting, performance monitoring and network analysis tools
– Design for high transaction volume, concurrency and resiliency
-Benefits include healthcare, 401k, stock options, companywide success bonus, paid vacation, remote work flexibility and competitive base compensation.