Title: Senior Ruby ETL Engineer(SDE) - Data/ETL
Location: Seattle, WA - Remote
Type: Full Time Hire
is searching for an experienced Senior Ruby ETL Development Engineer (SDE)
to work within an agile team of software architects and developers to implement and maintain secure, scalable, cloud-based data/ETL pipelines for our public and customer specific data integrations. Technical aptitude is a must, and so is the right team-minded attitude and the ability to work interchangeably with others. The core team is as a small SWAT-style team with everyone pulling their own weight, playing a variety of roles, and covering each other’ responsibilities when needed. Applicants should be qualified as top-notch full-stack developers, with a passion for focusing on backend service-oriented architectures, scalable system design, databases and data models, and API-driven models.
Experience and Qualifications
- Deep appreciation and understanding of data, scale and Ruby on Rials.
- Live and breathe a DevOps culture on a small team of Senior SDEs and SREs that work hand-in-hand with you to deliver modern, scalable, SaaS software across multiple cloud providers.
- Own and implement the key data delivery pipelines for the company’s flagship SaaS platform.
- Follow software development best practices to create maintainable and extensible software solutions.
- Work with modern CI/CD tool and methodologies to ship product on a daily basis.
- Work in an agile manner with transparency and fluid communication within the engineering team and across other teams in the company.
- Work with product owner to understand internal and external requirements and help the team design solutions to satisfy these.
- Work with Senior SREs to contribute to the overall platform stability, availability, and quality.
- Enable SREs to have visibility and responsibility into the function of the code they are operating.
- Interact directly with SREs and customers to triage, debug, and remediate production issues.
- Education: Formal higher-education degrees in STEM fields or vocational certificates related to software development are preferred, but not required. Real-world experience and proven track records count as much, if not more.
- Experience with Sidekiq, ActiveAdmin, Custom DSLs or very similar is a must.
- 5+ years of professional experience developing ETL software for modern cloud environments.
- 5+ years of professional programming experience with languages and frameworks such as Ruby, Rails, Python, etc.
- Familiar with cloud and Linux sysadmin experience – IaaS, PaaS, and container/orchestration experience is important.
- Proven track record of success in high-functioning continuous delivery environment.
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with Docker and Kubernetes (or similar container/orchestration).
- Expertise with a variety of relational and NoSQL databases. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Couchbase, DocumentDB, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Redis preferred.
- Solid understanding of modern API design patterns (REST, GraphQL, JSON, etc.)
- Understanding of source control systems (git, hg, etc.) and related workflow patterns (e.g. GitFlow)
- Familiarity with Big Data systems such as Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Spark, Kafka, etc. is a plus.
- Understanding of privacy-by-design frameworks, and code-level security techniques is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills is required.
Apply for this job
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- A work/life balance beyond compare. And we mean it!