Title: VP Of Software Engineering
Location: Seattle, WA - Remote
Type: Full Time Hire
is searching for a senior technology leader for the role of [Vice President] of Software Engineering (VPE)
to manage our agile team of SDEs, SREs, SDETs and UATs. In this role you will implement and maintain secure, scalable, cloud-based software solutions, identify, and execute customer integration solutions, and streamline the team’s software delivery tools and processes. A successful candidate will have both the experience and the passion for leading by example – managing up, down, and laterally.
Experience and Qualifications
- Live and breathe a DevOps culture managing teams of Senior SDEs and SREs that work hand-in-hand with you to deliver modern, scalable, SaaS software across multiple cloud providers.
- Be ultimately responsible for the execution of the company’s software development roadmap for key products.
- Build the engineering organization from existing and new employees and contractors to create the team with which you can best succeed at delivering on our business goals.
- Manage your engineering team to deliver high quality software product, meet internal and external goals of the organization.
- Foster a healthy culture of happy, productive, autonomous, team-oriented software engineers that respect one another and exhibit pride in software craftsmanship and shipping frequently.
- Ensure engineering organization is properly staffed, tooled, and processed.
- Define and execute on your department’s quarterly objectives in a measurable, repeatable way.
- Collaborate with other VPs and senior management in defining higher-level corporate objectives.
- Work with Information Technology on cloud and infrastructure needs.
- Work with product owners to understand internal and external requirements and help the team design solutions to satisfy these.
- Co-own relationships with vendors, cloud providers, and other third-party service providers.
- Help vet, compare, assess, and select third-party technology providers and vendors.
- 15+ years of software product development experience.
- 10+ years of experience working with modern web and mobile language/frameworks such as Ruby, Python, Node.js, Go.
- 5+ years of team management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Apolitical by nature – data-driven, but usually right when going on instinct
- Proven track record of success managing development teams in high-functioning continuous delivery environment that supports outcomes for the business.
- Mastery of modern agile software methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) and planning tools (e.g. JIRA)
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience operating distributed, scalable SaaS offerings using Docker and Kubernetes (or similar container/orchestration) in production at scale.
- Experience maintaining highly-available and elastically-scalable systems.
- Skilled with modern IaaS, PaaS, and Linux system administration.
- Strong understanding of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Solid understanding of modern API design patterns (REST, GraphQL, JSON, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Big Data systems.
- Working knowledge of Data Privacy practices, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Strong system security experience.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- A work/life balance beyond compare. And we mean it!