Title: Senior Cloud Application Architect – Distributed Systems
Type: Full-time Hire
helps life science companies solve for the complexities that come with digital transformation by developing end-to-end AI solutions that deliver personalized business intelligence through integrated applications and API accessible services.
Healthcare innovation is best served when individuals with diverse backgrounds come together with a common purpose and clear objectives to improve patient lives.
We are product strategists, engineers, data scientists and designers who are experts in our domain and passionate about our mission to accelerate innovation, collaboration and scientific discovery for life sciences.
, is searching for an experienced Senior Cloud Application Architect
to work within an agile team of software developers to implement and maintain secure, scalable, cloud-based software solutions, build customer integration solutions, and streamline the team’s software delivery tools and processes. Technical aptitude is a must, and so is the right team-minded attitude and the ability to work interchangeably with others. The core team is as a small SWAT-style team with everyone pulling their own weight, playing a variety of roles, and covering each other’ responsibilities when needed. Applicants should be qualified as top-notch full- stack developers, with a passion for focusing on backend service-oriented architectures, scalable system design, databases and data models, and API-driven models.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering. As a remote-first engineering organization, having a home office setup for remote work is key. You will be issued all the tools you need to perform well at home, a company MacBook Pro, extra monitor, iPad and other accessories needed for the work. You will be given a budget for continuing education, online courses, conferences, books, etc. We have regular daily standups with different teams in the engineering organization, and regular get- togethers over video conferencing to discuss best practices, plan infrastructure together, and occasional pair programming.
In this position you will:
- Work with the VP of Engineering and VP of Product to define architecture, goals and deliverables from software development.
- Lead a team of other SDEs to build a modern, scalable infrastructure that will meet the needs of our clients.
- Design and maintain the system architecture and help us build the right-fit-solution across multiple cloud providers.
- Architect and lead implementation the company’s flagship SaaS platform, Fabric, using a scalable microservice/FaaS approach with technologies such as Node.js, Express, GraphQL, Python, Django, C#, and .NET Core.
- Ensure team members are following software development best practices to create a culture that produces software that is easy to maintain and extend.
- Work with modern CI/CD tool and methodologies to ship product on a daily basis.
- Work in an agile manner with transparency and fluid communication within the engineering team and across other teams in the company.
- Work with product owner to understand internal and external requirements and help the team design solutions to satisfy these.
- Work with Senior SREs to contribute to the overall platform stability, availability, and quality.
- Enable SREs to have visibility and responsibility into the function of the code they are operating.
- Interact directly with SREs and customers to triage, debug, and remediate production issues.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Education: Formal higher-education degrees in STEM fields or vocational certificates related to software development are preferred, but not required. Real-world experience and proven track records count as much, if not more.
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting software in modern SaaS, cloud, web, and mobile environments.