Title: Unity Game Solutions Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Long-Term Contract
We Provide Solutions for Game Teams
The Clients team needs a highly capable Unity Game Solution Engineer to act as a technical partner to our 3rd party game development teams. Your job is to empower these teams to leverage the systems that Client provides in order to maximize a game’s potential to be the next big hit!. You will act as a technical system integrator, consultant, troubleshooter and analyst, and draw on your broad knowledge of software development to assist our game teams with a wide variety of technical challenges. When a game team comes to you with a technical question, it is the Game Solution Engineer’s job to understand our products and our systems in order to guide the team to a successful resolution.
This job requires a wide set of software engineering skills, a flexible mindset and a willingness to dive in and solve technical problems as they arise. The Unity Game Solution Engineer must be excellent at technical troubleshooting, have good communication skills, know how and when to escalate issues, and have the ability of architecting temporary workarounds to unblock a team while the long-term solution is being built. Knowledge of Unity game development, including build processes for both XCode and Android Studio, will be important for this role.
If you enjoy gaming and solving challenging technical problems this may very well be the right job for you.
What you will do:
- Partner with game teams, product teams, engineering teams, and supporting teams to provide the best possible technical support to our game teams as they move through multiple stages of their life cycle.
- Be a self-starter and personalize your approach to supporting game teams.
- Be agile to quickly understand differing game technology stacks and processes to help game teams integrate the SDK and software services that Client provides.
- Become an expert of Client Games technical products, services, and best practices to reduce time to market, drive adoption, and increase the likelihood of a game team’s success.
- Be able to deal with ambiguity and think creatively to ensure the success of our partners.
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical parties to ensure understanding of priorities, services, and goals.
- Gather feedback from our game developer partners and help improve our processes and documentation.
- Become familiar with the game’s codebase in order to offer technical advice or help troubleshoot issues.
- Extensive software engineering experience.
- Multiple years of Unity game development experience, including building clients with both XCode and Android Studio.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Enjoy working with people and troubleshooting problems.
- A passion and ability to understand complex technical systems and be able to navigate them.
- Experience with server side development
- Prior customer facing or support experience
- Experience integrating complex third-party SDKs
- Experience with complex APIs
- An understanding of server systems and how they interact with games