Title: Game Solution Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
Type: Long-Term Contract
Provide Solutions for a Hit Game Team
The Clients team needs a highly capable Full Stack Game Solution Engineer to act as a technical partner to a 3rd party game development team. In this role, you will have the chance to provide technical solutions in support of a hit game that is enjoyed by millions of players across the world. You will act as a technical system integrator, consultant, troubleshooter and analyst, and draw on your broad knowledge of software development to assist with a wide variety of technical challenges. When the game team comes to you with a technical question, it is the Game Solution Engineer’s job to understand our products and our systems in order to guide the team to a successful resolution.
This job requires a wide set of software engineering skills, a flexible mindset and a willingness to dive in and solve technical problems as they arise. The Game Solution Engineer must be excellent at technical troubleshooting, have good communication skills, know how and when to escalate issues, and have the ability of architecting temporary workarounds to unblock a team while the long-term solution is being built. Knowledge of mobile app development, including build processes for both iOS and Android, will be important for this role.
What you will do:
- Partner with the game team, including product, engineering, and qa groups to provide the best possible technical support to them.
- Be a self-starter who can work independently.
- Be agile to quickly understand this game’s technology stack and processes in order to help integrate the SDKs and software services that Client provides.
- Become an expert of Client Games technical products, services, and best practices to increase the likelihood of the game team’s continued success.
- Be able to deal with ambiguity and think creatively to ensure the success of our partners.
- Effectively communicate with technical and non-technical parties to ensure understanding of priorities, services, and goals.
- Gather feedback from our game developer partners and help improve our processes and documentation.
- Become familiar with the game’s codebase in order to offer technical advice or help troubleshoot issues.
- Extensive software engineering experience.
- Multiple years of mobile app development experience, including building clients for both iOS and Android.
- Experience developing server based systems.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Enjoy working with people and troubleshooting problems.
- A passion and ability to understand complex technical systems and be able to navigate them.
- Experience with Node.js/React server development
- Game development experience
- Prior customer facing or support experience
- Experience integrating complex third-party SDKs
- Experience with complex APIs