Title: Data Engineer
Location: Chicago, Ill
Type: Permanent hire
The Client is searching for an experienced data engineer. This person will be responsible for building and managing an array of data acquisition services. The Ideal candidate will demonstrate experience with software development lifecycles, working with cloud architecture, and development within a software team.
Responsibilities include data mining, web scraping, cleaning and organizing the data into both SQL and NoSQL databases. Further responsibilities will include building eﬃcient APIs to communicate the data and managing continual data ingestion.
Required Job Qualifications:
• At least 4 years experience with python development and database management in a Linux environment
• Expertise in relational database architecture and eﬃcient SQL. Experience with managing databases in Azure is a plus as well as Neo4j graph databases.
• Development of RESTful APIs
• Distributed computing (Spark or similar)
• Ability to provide guidance on data security issues
• Writing and maintaining clear and reproducible documentation for all services and projects will be required.
• Strong general communication and interpersonal skill
• Capable of providing guidance to junior developers
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Experience in machine learning and general data science
• Data visualization
• Understanding of the healthcare industry
• Azure, Google, AWS or other cloud-platform experience
• SDLC Tools & Processes: JIRA, Docker, Git-flow, Puppet, or similar
• B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.